Pros of Wood Window Casing:
- Those who have a specific theme or look in mind for their home should opt for wood window trim.
- Wood window casings are manufactured from a variety of sources, including oak, which is the most popular choice, as it is very easy to stain.
- Wood window trim is offered in a large selection of profiles for both width and height.
- Wood window casing can be trimmed or painted to match the color and style of any room in your home, including the crown molding for baseboards.
Cons of Wood Window Casing:
- Wood window trim has a shorter lifespan than vinyl window casing, as it tends to contract and expand due to high levels of moisture. This means you may have to replace your window trim before it is time to replace the window unit itself.